Monday, August 10, 2009

Rick and faith... driving liberals crazy...

I am a sucker for photoshops, even liberal ones, and the really bitter cynical Progressive Puppy has a good one of Rick as Moses (link)...

Excerpt follows...

From The Guv's self-righteous lips: "Faith is both a private thing and a very public thing for me - private in the sense that every morning I get up and read a little Scripture. You'll appreciate that I get a daily Scripture lesson off the Internet... The Scripture talks about praying incessantly. It's not out of the ordinary for me to have a word of prayer in the midst of a meeting." ("'Scuse me, sir, did you hear what we just said about the teen pregnancy rate in Texas?" "Shhh. Quiet. The governor is worshipping God.")

There's a reason why progressives here refer to Rick Perry as the Taliban in a Ten-Gallon Hat. It's because if he had his druthers, the King James Bible would overrule the Constitution and we'd all be forced to embrace his noxious religious beliefs. As a proud liberal Texan, I'd sooner dine on cow patties.

That is the sort of exaggeration and anti religion fervor from the Progressive Puppy that makes moderately social conservative people like me repulsed from the hardcore atheist political realm. I grew up in a church that runs away from fire and brimstone and in your face missionary evangelism... and I understand where some of the anti religion people are coming from... but this kind of venom makes me want to defend people like Rick who have the nerve to not hide their religion entirely...

Mocking faith or people of faith is no way to win peeps to your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.