Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rick settling up his bet with Bobby from Louisiana?

Rick made the bet against Bobby Jindal and lost when LSU beat Texas in the College World Series 2 games to 1. Now he is having to deliver on that bet (link). Excerpt follows...

As governors and mayors often do when their teams meet for a championship, Jindal bet a tray of Louisiana seafood that LSU would prevail in the best-of-three series, with Perry wagering a tray of barbecue on his Longhorns.

But as Jindal was visiting the state recently as part of his "working tour, " he mentioned that the barbecue had yet to be delivered.

Perry spokeswoman Allison Castle said the governor's office in Austin is "still working out details" with Jindal's office, and that the food -- enough for 10 to 15 people -- will be delivered in the next two weeks.

I know it is blasphemy for any true Texan to say this, but I think I would pick the Louisiana seafood above the Texas barbecue. I might feel differently if I lived outside the range of good barbecue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.