Monday, August 10, 2009

Taking some blog time off...

I started writing blogs here as a way to channel some of my political and media junkie energies... and as a way to sort through the Rick vs. Kay mess and choose a side.

When I started Rick vs. Kay, I was undecided and possibly even slightly pro Kay, but as the months have gone by, I have become strongly on Rick's side, and that has become obvious to anyone with a brain. Rick just has a better record, better rhetoric, more upside, and Kay has rubbed me the wrong way too many times on issues and ethics.

Opportunities are knocking, and I have to answer.... the next 45 days will have me working with an out of state client... who knows whether I will be able to write blogs during that time. I will definitely still follow the news about this race, and I might probably write from time to time, but not several blogs per day like I have been.

This is a huge opportunity for me and at the end of the 45 days I could end up with a meaningful stake in a really exciting company with a lot of upside. Wish me the best of luck. I'll send you a postcard or two. The best part is I get to stay in a really fancy hotel completely expensed for the full 45 days, plus 15 more for a final negotiation if the first 45 go well.

They better have a big comfy robe in my room laid out on my bed is all I am saying.

2 comments:

  1. rawr. good job, terry. you've done what wiley couldn't--you've stopped the blogs! now the internet won't talk bad about me no more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered checking out Debra Medina? She's running as well and seems to be way more conservative than either Rick OR Kay. She's been touring the state holding meet and greets to talk about where she stands on the issues and to answer your questions. If you find yourself looking at a lesser or two evils situation you may change your mind. Check out www.medinafortexas.com and check out her issues page.

    ReplyDelete

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.