Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kay continues to attack Rick...

I guess it is inevitable for the non incumbent challenger to attack the incumbent, but Kay has definitely been taking every opportunity to go negative against Rick.

Todd Gillman has the story (link). Excerpt follows...
WASHINGTON – Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison asserted today that if she – rather than Rick Perry – had been governor, there would be no need now to call lawmakers back to Austin to complete vital business.

"I would hope not," she said. "Because I would be hands-on, working hard through the session and I would be working with the Legislature, which is what I think the governor should do."
I'm starting to feel that Penelope vibe from Kay on this issue. Penelope of course being Kristen Wiig's character on Saturday Night Live...


Rick's campaign spokesman responded by saying (link). Excerpt follows...
As the governor was working with the Legislature to pass a balanced budget that reduces general revenue spending, cut taxes for small businesses and protect private property rights, the senator was silent, much like she has been for her 16 years in Washington," he said.

1 comment:

  1. I love that skit, and your comparison is dead on.

    ReplyDelete

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.