Friday, July 23, 2010

This promise to live in a double wide trailer...

Bill White has been going around promising to live in a trailer. Which is absolutely stupid...

Does Bill White really think that is going to earn votes? That anti-Rick mansion ad has been on the air for weeks now, and Rick only gained on him... because governors live in governor's mansions... just like presidents live in the White House... that's the deal. It is not scandalous for a governor to live in... a governor's mansion.

Bill White goes to these campaign stops and says this line, and I guess it must be getting applause or reaction, because I don't see why else he would keep using it (link). Excerpt follows...
“In my Texas, my wife and I are going to live in a double-wide trailer,” White said.
What is stopping you from doing it now?

Put up or shut up...

Live in the trailer now. Prove it. Otherwise your promise is empty... everyone knows you have almost no chance of winning, so the promise to live in a trailer if elected if one of those desperate stunts... but if you are serious, why not start right now? Prove it. Put up or shut up...

In the meantime I sincerely hope they catch the punk... likely a liberal sociopath in Austin for the Democratic state convention in 2008... who torched the real governor's mansion...

2 comments:

  1. The funny thing would be to see a Govenor entertaining guests in a double-wide. Maybe they could just get a camper and park it down by Baby A's; it's even cheaper than a double-wide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, actually governors do live in things other than governor's mansions. In fact, Perry is doing that now living in the rent home. Huckabee is really the genesis for the idea, living in a triple wide while the Arkansas Governor's Mansion was being renovated. It saved the State of Arkansas a lot. Regarding entertaining guests, Huckabee used Trapnall Hall for receptions. I'm no expert but I'm sure Texas must have some facility similar to Trapnall Hall in Austin to entertain guests at. I'm not going to get into the other aspects as I respect this blog's position and only read it to keep up with the other side.

    I'm just saying there are options that would have been less expensive. That's all.

    ReplyDelete

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.