Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wait... so Rick bought some property in 2000 and sold it for a profit in 2007?

Wait... so Rick bought some property in 2000 and sold it for a profit in 2007? Nobody was buying and selling property for profit during that time! Absolutely scandalous... not...

The appraisal in 2007 showed that he actually sold it for 100,000 less than it was potentially worth...

How many times has this story been written over the past 3 years?

I recall during the Rick vs. Kay battle when this non issue came up that the person who bought the land from Rick in 2007 sold it recently for far more than he bought it for... I just can't find the link to the article stating that...

Today's AP treatment of this transaction which has been disclosed transparently for years is one of the worst examples of hit piece sensationalism based on the most convoluted 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon logic I have ever seen. The headlines are just breathtakingly biased for there to be so little there there...

I am ashamed of this story... I am embarrassed for everyone who was involved in researching it and writing it. I mean... hiring an appraiser to build a time machine and go back in time and assess value in 2000 and 2007 to fit their narrative... that is just laughable "journalism."

I am also ashamed of the reporters who eagerly retweeted this article today... when they are mum on the Bill White articles.

Credibility. Zapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.