Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kay against border cameras... is that smart?

Kay is against Rick's border camera program, saying it is too expensive and not yielding enough arrests (link).

No doubt, it costs 2 millions of dollars, but I think judging it on the number of arrests is not really the best way to measure success. The point of the cameras is to deter people from attempting illegal crossings, so the smugglers are going to be funneled away from the areas with cameras into other areas with more manpower...

I think being against border cameras may come back to haunt Kay even if she thinks she can make the case that they are too expensive and not effective enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.