Monday, September 14, 2009

Snickering at campaign staff behind their backs...

I may be out of the state but I am not completely out of the loop. Things are looking good for a return to Texas in two more weeks.... then I will post new blogs much more often again...

Granted some of my sources are jaded but I am hearing more and more from people who interact with the Rick and Kay campaigns on a more daily basis... I am hearing that Rick's peeps now think they have it in the bag, and some of them are even getting a little complacent and maybe even overconfident... I have also heard Rick himself thinks he has it in the bag... and his people are going around bragging about being up by 17 points and how great they are and how everything is going their way.

A word of wisdom to my friends over at Rick's campaign... I would not rest on my laurels. You guys still face a popular opponent who has millions of dollars to play with. There is still some Rick fatigue out there, and there are still some people who probably won't vote for Rick due to the toll road issue no matter how bad they think Kay is...

On the other side I am hearing that some of Kay's peeps are just down and morale is low. Obviously there have been some high profile shake ups and high visibility people quitting. I am also hearing that fund raising might not be going as well as they hoped... they sort of tapped out a lot of their people in the first six months of 2009. The big thing I hear is that Kay's staff is all on egg shells and everyone is paranoid about Rick's peeps showing up at their events to mess things up.

I am also hearing that Kay's peeps are confused about whether Kay is actually going to resign or not, and maybe she is now planning to stay in the Senate and still file and run against Rick.

The main thing I am hearing though is that some of Kay's new DC staffers are not melding into the Texas culture as well as they should be, and let me put it delicately... neutral people who are dealing with some of them are snickering at them behind their backs... making fun very openly of some of them for being clueless... or for pushing out way too much material that is all worthless to reporters...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.