Thursday, May 27, 2010

Alton Easton explains why he will not vote for Bill White...

Litany of bad things (link). Excerpt follows...

I will not vote against Bill White, because he cannot understand the problems of the average on the street/ranch/farm Texan.

I will not vote against Bill White, because he is a liberal trial lawyer that made it big in lawsuits and backroom deals.

I will not vote against Bill White, because he turned Houston into a sanctuary city.

I will not vote against Bill White, because he was a member of the Washington’s Elite serving in the Clinton Administration.

I will not vote against Bill White, because he has not made any commitment not to raise taxes.

I will not vote against Bill White, because he established a policy that vehicles on Houston freeways and highways that incurred flat tires or a mechanical break had to be towed by the first tow truck on the scene.

I will not vote against Bill White, because he has refused to release his federal filed tax returns and complete personal financial disclosure.

I will not vote against Bill White, because he spent millions on massive expansion of parks, libraries, and public clinics.

I will not vote against Bill White, because some retired Ernst & Young accountants conducted an unofficial audit of Houston's finances and determined that the former Mayor White may have led the City to the brink of bankruptcy.

I will not vote against Bill White, because he left Houston with the bill on 7-years spending-spree.

I will not vote against Bill White, because he spent taxpayer’s dollars on “Green Modernization” of Houston Metro. As mayor, he controlled the make-up of Metro’s Board of Directors. The Houston Metro made a major change in the direction to concentrate dollars and efforts on a rail system that has been more expense than the bus system, serviced fewer citizens, increased fees to riders, and ignored promises stated in the approved bond election. Mr. White’s involvement in “Metro-gate” has yet to be determined.

I will vote against Bill White for Texas Governor, because he earned $2.8 million dollars as an active member of the Board of Directors for a public traded Energy Company, BJ Services Co, while serving as mayor of Houston. In my opinion, it is only logical to state this commitment was stronger than that as Houston mayor earning $1500 a month.

A lot of new things there... how true are all of them... I don't know.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.