Sunday, May 23, 2010

Is cap and trade Bill White's version of bailouts?

Rick and his peeps were relentless when bashing Kay for being pro bailout...

I think they may have found their line of attack against Bill White (link). Excerpt follows...

The governor did bring up White -- and Harris County -- toward the end of the rally, when he took off on cap-and-trade. "I just want to say thank you to Harris County," he said. "On March the second, you all sent a powerful message. Fifty-nine thousand more of you voted for me in my primary than that other guy got in his primary."

Perry reminded his listeners that he and White have their differences, and cap-and-trade is front-and-center. "Let me tell you, the cap-and-trade legislation that they're talking about in Washington, D.C., will devastate this country, it will destroy Texas and if there is an epicenter to that destruction, it is in Harris County and Houston and the energy industry that we have," he said.

"My opponent in November of 2008 sent a missive to the White House, to President Obama-elect, and said, 'Here's how you need to sell cap-and-trade to the American people.' Let's send Bill White a message out of Texas that we don't want his cap-and-trade. Let's send a message that we don't like what's going on in America, and we're going to do something about it."

The crowd rapturously agreed.

I think this new evidence of Bill White bragging that he advised Obama on energy policy, and then this memo that shows him trying to prove to Rahm Emmanuel that he was worthy of the role of Energy Secretary by "rebranding" cap and trade... Bill White is toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.