Monday, March 16, 2009

PoliTex thinks it has caught Rick in some sort of secret trip to D.C. They are idiots.

PoliTex (part of the Fort Worth Star Telegram) published a weird article about Rick and some other miscellaneous things (link). The Rick part is apparently not accurate. Excerpt follows:

Without publicly announcing it, Gov. Rick Perry took a taxpayer-funded trip to Washington, D.C., on Tuesday to receive an award from the American Medical Association and hold a breakfast for the Texas congressional delegation the next day.

U.S. Rep. Solomon Ortiz, D-Corpus Christi, said most Texas House members attended and listened to Perry talk about the stimulus, troops on the border and toll roads. Reporters were not invited to the "closed" meeting. Texas’ senators, including Perry’s likely GOP gubernatorial rival, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, weren’t there, either.

Perry’s news release announcing the Dr. Nathan Davis Award for Outstanding Government Service, for Perry’s work to cap medical malpractice awards, was issued the day after he received it. The release is datelined Austin and does not mention that the event was held in Washington.

A tipster informs me that Rick, on his Twitter page (link), talked about his trip to Washington and that he didn't try to hide it at all. The evidence follows:

Post #1 (link):
Flew into Washington tonight for the American Medical Association's Nathan Davis Awards. About 30 degrees warmer outside right now in Texas.

Post #2 (link):
Just left Texas Medical Association reception here in Washington. They nominated me for the AMA's Nathan Davis award I received last night.

Post #3 (link):
Very grateful for TMA’s support and confidence. Humbled by the award. Leaving DC for God's Country!!

Maybe PoliTex needs to hire some fact checkers.

Rick vs. Kay: checking the facts, so you don't have to.

Actually, that's not true. I need your tips. This is the kind of stuff I want from you people out there. Send me these kinds of tips. I will post them. rickvskay@gmail.com is the address.

THANKS to the tipster who sent me a private message on Twitter about this. As promised, I am keeping my tipsters anonymous. I won't reveal my sources-- I'll go down like Judy Miller for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.