Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rick afraid to eat tacos?

Austin columnist John Kelso has thrown down the gauntlet for Rick in a taco eating contest (link).

Excerpt follows:

To hear Andrew tell it, there was no equivocation, doubt or hesitation in Walt's response. It was as if she'd been asked whether the governor would like to wrestle a snake. "I said, 'Hey, do you think Rick would like to eat tacos with me and John Kelso?' And she said, 'Uh, no.' " Andrew said. Andrew said he asked the question because "I thought it just might be funny to suggest the preposterous." The preposterous being that Perry would show up on the same stage with me.

Somehow, I think Rick could put away some tacos. Sure, he's skinny as a "mofo," but those skinny guys are usually the ones who win the hot dog eating contests. Tacos are basically better-tasting hot dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.