Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kay touts endorsement she already announced...

There was big news yesterday in the inboxes of Kay supporters... Kay was to appear on the Mark Davis show to announce a big new endorsement!

The only problem is she showed up to the studio with Congressman Michael Burgess... an endorsement that was announced weeks ago (link). Excerpt follows...

The Hutchison for governor campaign is touting an endorsement today from U.S. Rep. Michael Burgess, R-Lewisville. Burgess joined the senator this morning on the Mark Davis show on WBAP to "announce" his support.

Hmmm. Seems like I read that somewhere a couple weeks ago.
Oh yeah, here is it.

The Ft. Worth Star Telegram also picked up on another controversy... is she resigning early or not (link)...

Davis asked if she might stay in her seat until the end of the year.

"I can’t say anything right now because I don’t know," Hutchison said. "Every day in Washington, some new bad thing is coming up."

Davis pushed further, asking if she might stay in the Senate through next year's March primary.

"Well, a lot of people are suggesting that," Hutchison said. "That’s not what I want to do. That’s not what I intend to do but...right now I want to just see what comes next. When is healthcare finished? I want to stay and fight with every bone in my body against the government takeover of healthcare."

Hutchison announced in July, also on Davis' show, that she would step down from her Senate seat sometime in October or November in order to devote herself to her campaign for governor.

Hutchison told Davis today it "bothers" her how many public officials' political plans are up in the air while they wait for her to step down.

Afterward, Davis told his listeners he was skeptical Hutchison would let go of her seat before year's end.

"I think that October/November time frame is gone," Davis said.

I think Davis might be correct. Kay probably should have resigned long ago, but now it does seem like she is boxed into certain dates that will cause a crazy scramble amongst the senatorial hopefuls...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.