Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Per Paul Burka's blog... has Rick's campaign changed recently?

Paul Burka put this blog up on Texas Monthly (link). Excerpt follows...

Just wondering…

…why the Perry campaign is silent today. Last week spokesman Mark Miner fired off releases on Tuesday (2), Wednesday (2), and Friday (1). Today, nada. OK, I’m probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it has occurred to me that the last couple of weeks haven’t exactly been great for Perry, and maybe wiser heads inside the campaign have concluded that when you are on the defensive and in the center of a national media firestorm, it is not the best time to go on the attack. As I said, I’m just wondering, and what I am wondering is whether the Perry campaign is rethinking its hyperaggressive attack strategy.

I spent about 20 seconds going to the Rick Perry website and learning that Rick's peeps sent out at least two releases yesterday, the day Paul was talking about...

There was a release about the Family Research Council leader Tony Perkins endorsing Rick, and a release about Rick's support for Propositions 4 and 11.

That makes two. Or is he talking only about anti-Kay attack releases? I don't know if those are all posted on the RickPerry.org website, but they don't have a whole lot of them up there if you go back and look at the archives. One every few days or so on average over the past couple of months...

That being said, I am not sure Rick's peeps have ever truly been hyperaggressive. If they have been hyperaggressive then so have Kay's peeps. Rick had WashingtonKay.com. Kay has SlickRickPerry.com. Rick's peeps occasionally catch Kay on tape saying something stupid. Kay's peeps go to all of Rick's events and even resort to taking some out of context... they are just campaigning. These are all normal tactics, nothing "hyper" about it...

Both sides are just campaigning... I don't see much change in tone or aggressiveness from Rick's peeps, either... if anything I see more aggressiveness from Kay's peeps than they had before...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.