Thursday, October 22, 2009

Something smells fishy in the Texas Monthly poll results...

On Monday I blogged about how Texas Monthly was running an internet poll that people were obviously voting over and over in (link). I had this image showing the results at the time...


Obviously the Rick and Medina people were flooding in and voting multiple times...

Right after I made my blog about it, they reset the poll. Then they reset it again.

The final tally (link)...

The final score... 7 votes. All of them "I'd write in myself." Now they have a different poll about which Halloween costume you would want to wear...

You would think they could have figured out some way to limit voting to one vote per IP address...

I think the lesson there is don't have an internet poll, because there are always people who will always figure out a way to game the system... unless you don't care about the results... in which case fire away....

1 comment:

  1. Texas Monthly reset the poll because Perry was winning.

    ReplyDelete

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.