Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rick giving secret conservative group tours of the Capitol?

Rick is hanging out with a secret group of conservatives and giving them tours around the Capitol grounds according to Gardner Selby (link). Excerpt follows...

I flashed to the '80s when George Gilder strolled past before Ed Meese glided by.

Gilder, once President Ronald Reagan's most-quoted living author, spoke Friday at an Austin gathering of the nation's most celebrated conservative movers, including Phyllis Schlafly, founder of the Eagle Forum; James Dobson, whose Focus on the Family professes to defend the institution of the family; and Meese, a former U.S. attorney general.

Why did ye olde conservatives cluster in liberal-rich Austin?

It probably wasn't for the evening Capitol tour by Gov. Rick Perry or for the private remarks by Attorney General Greg Abbott.

Rather, participants likely dwelled on the Democratic agenda in Washington while mulling a speedy end to President Barack Obama's era. That's a guess because the hosting Council for National Policy barred my entry, and its functionaries broke up my hallway interviews.

Interesting... I didn't even know this even existed, and I go to a lot of these kinds of pep rallies and policy discussions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.