TO: Team Kay Supporters
FROM: Hans Klingler, Political Director, Team Kay
Re: Negative "Push" Polling
DATE: October 19, 2009
Tonight, Team Kay has received numerous reports from our supporters who have received deceptive phone solicitations from a firm claiming to be conducting a legitimate poll. The questions being posed are obviously meant to disparage the Team Kay effort through vicious mistruths and falsehoods. If you receive a call this evening or throughout the day tomorrow, please alert us and please try to take detailed notes about these calls.
Fortunately, we have a hunch as to the origin of these calls and know dirty tactics are not anything new in a race as important as this. We also know our opposition will stop at nothing to deflect attention away from the negative national media storm swirling around their campaign.
Please let us know if you receive one of these calls. As always thank you for your support.
– Would you be more or less likely to vote for Hutchison if you knew that Hutchison had passed $2 billion worth of earmarks for entities her husband’s law firm as represented?
– Would you be more or less likely to vote for Hutchison if you knew that she was absent for a vote on partial birth abortions and received thanks from a pro-choice group?
– Would you be more or less likely to vote for Perry if he were to advocate stopping waste, fraud, and corruption in Austin by establishing an office of state inspector-general?
– Would you be more or less likely to vote for Perry if he were to propose criminal penalties for employers who hire illegal aliens?
– Would you be more or less inclined to vote for Perry if he were to propose a new program to provide extra revenue to failing schools?
– Would you be more or less inclined to vote for Hutchison if you knew that she opposes more federal spending but since she’s been a senator, federal spending has more than doubled?