Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Big John speaks on Kay's potential resignation...

The Hill has a Q&A with Big John, Texas' junior senator (link). Relevant excerpts follow...
Q: Do you have any indication that things are starting to pan out in your home state of Texas, where Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R) is considering retiring while she runs for governor?

A: No, I don’t. The timing is really up to Sen. Hutchinson. She’s not required to step down at all. She could actually run the governor’s race and appoint her successor on a temporary basis and there would be a special election in 2011. … I’ve talked to her about it, and I know that she does not want that seat to turn over to a Democrat, and I appreciate that. I hope she continues to do everything to make sure that doesn’t happen.

Q: Could you handicap Hutchison’s primary challenge to Gov. Rick Perry (R)?

A: As we’ve seen, Gov. Perry is no wallflower, and if he decides to stay in the race, I expect it to be a tough primary.
Is any of that new news?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.