Friday, May 15, 2009

Kay's bumper sticker contest...

Burnt Orange has a blog up about Kay's bumper sticker contest winner (link). Excerpt follows...
George Bush called. He wants his flag and font back.

Kay Bailey Hutchison Bumper Sticker

Compared to...

A comment about the winners being non Texans on Burnt Orange intrigued me, so I looked into it. Kay picked Matt Margolis and Ali Akbar as the co-winner for their design. Matt Margolis is from Buffalo, New York and Ali Akbar is from Georgia.

So the winner of Kay's bumper sticker contest can't even vote for her. Interesting.

Then I looked into who these people were a little bit further. Turns out they are sort of big bloggers and Republican online strategist type people who may have entered the contest just to get their names out there and a feather in their cap for Akbar's online web design company (link)...

Then I looked even further, and it turns out that Ali Akbar is not even committed to Kay (link). Excerpt follows...
Contrary to @jstrevino's assumptions, I haven't endorsed inside of the TX Gov primary. Bumperstickers are on cars. #txpolitics
I personally like the bumper sticker they chose. I just wonder if they vetted the winners as being from out of state and not even totally on board with Kay.

UPDATED at 3:19 in the afternoon...

The meticulous Wayne Slater picks up the story (link) and links to a story about Ali Akbar originally being from Texas. He lives in Georgia now for school, as it says on his twitter homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.