Friday, November 13, 2009

Excerpt from Kay's non resignation decision...

The Dallas Morning News has a clip from Kay's non resignation decision (link)...

“These issues are too important to leave the fight to a newly appointed freshman senator,” Hutchison said in a written statement. “A newly appointed senator would be selected in the midst of a political storm. And will need on-the-job training in the midst of a crisis.”

Hutchison acknowledged the political risks of the move.

“I know that keeping my senate responsibilities while running for governor may not be the best thing for my campaign,” Hutchison said. “Some have told me that for the sake of political expedience I should quit the Senate now to focus on winning the primary. To them I say, perhaps its time we elect a governor who puts a little less priority on what is politically expedient.”

Some good points, but this is the worst timing in the world... it appears that she is making this choice from a position of weakness after a poll showed 60% of Texas primary voters wanted her to stay and fight the Obama agenda instead of step down to run for governor. Being down by double digits in the last two polls makes it seem like she doesn't have the stomach for a fight... whether that is true remains to be seen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.