Saturday, November 7, 2009

Should Kay resign or not? Two theories...

The Texas Tribune blogged the thoughts of two consultants who disagree on whether Kay should resign or not (link). Excerpts follow...

Mark Sanders...
You know, she should have said from the beginning, "I’m not going to resign, and I’m going to continue to serve my constituents in the U.S. Senate and I’m going to run for governor, 'cause I can do both." Or she could have said, "I’m going to run for governor, and here’s my letter of resignation for the U.S. Senate." Instead of taking either of those definitive positions, she’s tried to walk down the middle of the highway and have it both ways. And walking down the middle of the highway’s never safe.

George Shipley...

What she did was to, in effect, flirt with all the elected officials in her own party and create this sort of charade... of fantasy musical chairs where we had three candidates for attorney general and two candidates for this and three or four candidates for Senate, all of which is designed, in a very petty way, to call attention to herself. It does her no good, it did her no good, it did her reputation no good, it did the process no good, and it certainly did the people of Texas no good...

What she did is she handed Perry a sharp knife, ok? And you can take it on either the public service dimension that I argued or in a political dimension — she gave Perry a weapon. And that goes to character. Do you want a governor who gives their opponent a weapon?

Basically they agree that Kay messed up. They just have different views on how she messed up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.