Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Is this like the Sports Illustrated curse?

You know how when a sports figure is on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine, and then they almost always end up losing or getting injured the next week?

I wonder if this is the same thing...

The Houston Chronicle wrote a positive story about Rick and his lack of scandal (link)...
AUSTIN – Sex and bribery scandals have rocked three governors; four have resigned or announced they won’t seek re-election because of aspirations for higher office — and term limits are about to terminate California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

But Texas Gov. Rick Perry is starting to look like the happy warrior among the nation’s governors, running for an unprecedented third term un-plagued by scandal and un-tempted by the allure of higher office.
I think Rick has a quote that puts certain 2012 rumors to rest for now...

Perry says he is happy at home trying to sell a message that the states know better how to govern than the federal government.
“I don’t have any desire to go to Washington, D.C.,” he said. “I hope of the next four years I’ll be successful in lessening Washington’s influence over the states.”
I just have a feeling that this article is like the Sports Illustrated curse. Palin, Sanford... they go in threes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.