Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sotomayor and Hispanics...

How is Kay going to vote on Sotomayor? There is a new article about this every day (link). Excerpt follows...
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) is in a particularly precarious position: She’s trying to win the GOP Texas primary for governor and needs to woo a conservative party electorate yet still has to be concerned about Hispanic voters in a general election. She says it’s not about politics but has raised concerns over Sotomayor’s record on the Second Amendment.
I think Kay is telegraphing her vote. She has to vote no... and I don't think Texas Hispanics will be that upset by her no vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.