Monday, February 8, 2010

French Stanford students for Kay...

Stanford's conservative blog has this funny story from Palo Alto, California (link). Excerpt follows...
Now, we all know jokes about the French. And stereotypically speaking, there’s plenty of reasons to expect enmity between the French and Republicans. So every time I walk or bike past La Maison Française, Stanford’s French culture theme residence for students (not to mention, home of CafĂ© Night), on my way up the Row, it always makes me smile to see a campaign sign for Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison’s bid for the Republican nomination for Governor of Texas right above the door.
I am not exactly sure what to think about this, and I have absolutely nothing against France... the delicious moldy cheeses... the bold wines... the Statue of Liberty... the kissing... the impressionists... the Louisiana Purchase... and the artistic cuisine... but it does make me laugh that a French themed dorm at a liberal leaning college in northern California has a Kay for Governor sign hanging outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey now, campaign characters. Be nice. I know a lot of you on both sides, so I don't want any overly foul language, personal attacks on anyone other than the candidates themselves, or other party fouls. I will moderate the heck out of you if you start breaking the bounds of civility.